I posted this picture a couple of days ago reading “if you need some color in your life this one’s for you ❤️💛💚 – a soya-meat green curry, seaweed rice and avocado to brighten up your day!” and I still fill pretty happy when I look into this picture. because it’s so full of flavor and full of love, just so full of good stuff.
I find this recipe to be a good escape from the basic cooking, but still quite basic and easy to make. I hope you like it too.
dairy free: yes
• soya meat
• ½ avocado
• 2 garlic cloths
• 5 cherry tomatoes
• 200g white basmati rice
• 1 tablespoon of dried seaweed
• 1 tablespoon of turmeric
• 1 red onion
• 1 tablespoon green curry
• ½ teaspoon chilly powder
• 1 cup of water
you’ll prepare it like:
• start by chopping the garlic and ½ onion and put it in a pan along with the rice for 2 minutes before adding the water to start cooking – this will make sure your rice has that nice garlicky taste.
• the off to the meat – the meat I used is from a Sri Lankan brand called Delmege that cost around 75 cents per pack – you can get them in all types of flavours (curry, vegetables, chicken, mutton) – for this recipe I used the vegetable flavor one. all you need to do is soak the soya meat in hot water for 10 minutes and then squeeze out the water. I then add this meat to a frying pan where I add my green curry, chilly powder, turmeric, ½ onion and the cherry tomatoes. I let it fry for 2 minutes and afterwards add a cup of water for a more creamy texture.
• While the meat is finishes cooking, I go over to my rice and add the seaweed – just in the last 3 minutes until the rice is done.
• Take the avocado and peel it and start plating.
• By this time your meat should be finished, squeeze a lemon on top for extra flavor and… voilá!
all the love,