Curry made easy and earthy… on is it earthy!
Curries may be either ‘dry’ or ‘wet’. Dry curries are cooked with very little liquid which is allowed to evaporate, leaving the other ingredients coated with the spice mixture. Wet curries contain significant amounts of sauce or gravy based on yoghurt, cream, coconut milk, coconut cream, legume purée, or broth. This one is definitely the first option!
- ½ red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1 tbsp masala powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of organic cocunut oil
- 150g of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 100g of red beans (drained and rinsed)
You’ll prepare it like:
- Slice the onion and garlic and heat the oil on a medium heat pan.
- Grate the ginger into the pan.
- Add the spices and cook for 2 minutes, if needed add 1/2 of water for better blending.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, coconut oil, red beans and chickpeas.
- Chop the coriander and add to the pan – save some for garish!
Have a blessed Monday!
All the love,