What is this pink stuff, you ask? Beetroot sauce!
Oh, the benefits of beetroot… where should I start? Consuming fruits and vegetables of all kinds have long been associated with a reduced risk of many lifestyle-related health conditions. But let’s get a bit into detail here:
- Digestion: Because of its high fiber content, beetroot helps to prevent constipation and promote regularity for a healthy digestive tract.
- Exercise and athletic performance: Beetroot juice supplementation has been shown to improve muscle oxygenation during exercise, suggesting that increased dietary nitrate intake has the potential to enhance exercise tolerance during long-term endurance exercise.
- The breakdown: One cup of raw beets contains 58 calories, 13 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of protein.
Bare in mind beets can be roasted, steamed, boiled, pickled or even eaten raw.
Let’s get into the recipe:
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 2 large beets
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves – uncooked
- 2 garlic cloves – cooked
- 2 red onions – cooked
How do you prepare it?
– Start by adding the garlic and the red onion, thinly chopped, into a pan with some olive oil and bring it to medium heat;
– Let it cook until golden and set aside;
– Peel and roughly cut the beetroot and add to a pan with boiling water for 20 to 30 minutes;
– After that, run the water and add the beetroot, the cooked garlic, and red onion, the oats, and 2 garlic cloves (raw and finely chopped) into a food processor and pulse it for 1 minute;
-Keep pulsing it and add 1/3 of water for a smoother consistency;
Note: This is not a silky, smooth sauce. It’s earthy and you’ll get little chunks of beetroot and garlic in your mouth – in a very healthy earthy way, I promise.
Thank you for reading,
All the love,
Let me know if you use this recipe and tag us on Facebook, Instagram or Tumblr by using the hashtag #yumeveryday
For any further feedback or collaboration inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org